I’ve had this goal, for a long time, to lose some weight. Right now, I am at my highest. weight. ever. Thanks grad school. I let my lack of motivation and excuses get in my way each and every time I create a plan. My excuses do not match up with my current goals, and I need to ignore them. Being tired after a 12 hour clinical day does not mean I can’t go do a walking workout on the treadmill. Having a cold (like today) doesn’t mean I can’t go for a run on the treadmill or a Barre Bee Fit class. I decided that I need something to remind me of why I want to get healthy to refer to in moments where my couch or sleep is more appealing than sweating. This probably isn’t interesting to read, and is pretty self-involved, but I need the reminders. Constantly. The beginning of this journey is always the hardest. So here we go!
01. I am not comfortable in my own skin right now. I have been in the past, but right now..I am at my heaviest weight and feel stuffed into all of my clothes. Worst. Feeling. Ever.
02. Responsibility. One thing I have learned during my current rotation in intensive care? CPR compressions are hard. They make you tired before your turn is over, and you NEED arm strength. I never, ever, ever want to feel nervous or incapable when it comes to saving a life. It is my responsibility as a nurse to be physically capable of caring for my patients in every situation.
03. Wardrobe. I have all of these outfits on my Pinterest boards I would love to wear, but right now it’s difficult to find clothes that fit right and I feel confident in. This is probably super vain, but whatever. I want cute clothes. I’ll have a job soon that allows me to actually buy some cute clothes. Gimme gimme gimme.
04. I love being fit. I remember my figure skating days, when I would push so hard to get through double runs of a long program. I’d be beat red, sweaty, not able to catch my breath – and I loved it. Even now, a solid workout and being sore – I love it. It is a matter of getting dressed and just DOING it that is difficult. I don’t know if that will ever be easy, but I can try to make it a habit. I see girls in my nursing program who can’t go a day without working out, and I actually feel jealous of that. I know it’s weird but…I want my body to crave that workout too.
05. Wedding photos. Enough said. I am a bridesmaid in two weddings this year, and I want to feel so beautiful on those days and look forward to seeing those photos. Again, super vain, but I’m not the only one out there who feels this way I am sure.
From reading my friends blogs I have come to realize that even the girls I assume have NO issues with their bodies and working out, do. I love my body, and all that it is capable of, I just want to keep it healthy for as long as possible.
What are your reasons for being healthy? Are you trying to lose some weight as well? Any motivation tips?