What Happened In 2012
Wow, it is 2013. The year I graduate and get an actual nursing job. I seriously cannot wait! 2012, however, definitely was a year of growth for me. Big time. Here are just some things that went down during those 365 days.
01. My first full year living alone. I definitely love not having a roommate. I hate the extra money that it costs, but I’m sorry, it is worth it. I have grown so much when it comes to budgeting, groceries (and cooking!), decorating, and coming to understand my own personal style.
02. My first half marathon. If you would have told me in 2011 I would run 13.1 miles in 2012, I would have thought you were crazy. I had just run my first 5k! I did it – July 22. I was slow, but I felt SO impressed with myself. I fundraised over $600 for PAWS and crossed that finish line. The entire time I was swearing to myself I would never run another one…but I’m pretty sure I have the bug to beat my time
03. Put myself out there. Um yes, I tried online dating. Wow. Horrific. Hilarious. Please see next point.
04. Fell head over heels in L-O-V-E. After a few months apart from the Doctor, we got back together and are so happy. 2013 will mark 3 years! I have him drinking almond milk, not eating meat, and running on treadmills – and he is my number one supporter. He was the only one there cheering for me during my half marathon, and seeing him at different mile markers helped push me through.
05. I turned 25!. This was the big push for me to run my half marathon – it was the day before my birthday! I cannot believe how different I am at 25 than I was just two or three years ago.
06. Became confident in my role as a nurse. It took me awhile to accept my decision not to go to medical school, and I am now SO PROUD to become a nurse. 2012 gave me so much experience, I honestly don’t even recognize the nursing student I was during my first two clinical rotations. I am so confident and knowledgeable now. I also got to do my pediatrics rotation on a pediatric oncology floor, and was relieved to find out that I was right. Pediatric critical care is my calling, and I am meant for it.
07. Went brunette. At first it was a shock, but now I love it. I just hate the upkeep!
08. My first funeral. I have been blessed to have never lost a family member until 2012. My dear Poppy passed away after a long battle with cancer. I am so grateful for the experience, even if that sounds odd. It brought me to religion, and made me see what an amazing family we have. I am so lucky.
09. Travel! Nowhere far or exotic, but still so fun. The Doctor and I went to our first bed and breakfast for a weekend getaway at Door County, WI and had a blast.
It was one wild ride, that’s for sure. So many ups and downs. I am heading into 2013 with so much to look forward to. But I’ll save that for another post
What was your highlight of 2012?